Wednesday 11 July 2012

The Break-Up Letter


Dear Chocolate,

We need to talk. I know how that sounds. But the time has come for us to part ways. I hate to tell you, but I had this running in my mind over the past few days. My only concern was how you’d react.

You’ve been with me since I was a kid. You’ve been there during the good times, the bad ones too. I never knew how our friendship turned into love. Love so passionate, I could hardly go on a day without you. And how can I forget all the lovely time we’ve spent together? Even when I woke up hungry in the middle of the night, all I had to do was open the fridge; and there you were, all smiles, calling out to me! How could I not give in to the temptation?

But things are different now. They tell me a bit of you is good for the heart. If only my heart would listen to that. On the contrary, I’ve put on quite a few pounds after I’ve been seeing you regularly over the past couple of months. Now now, you’d tell me it doesn’t matter. But dear, I’m neither Nigella Lawson, nor Vidya Balan to carry off those voluptuous curves.

There’s another thing I’ve been wanting to tell you. I met an old friend a couple of days back. You remember Coffee, right? Yeah, you’ve met him a couple of occasions before. The thing is, I’ve grown rather fond of him. Lets not say he’s taken your place, but he’s quite on the way of doing so. You are and will always be my bachpan ka pyaar. But I met this Coffee guy during my turbulent teenage years. Ours was quite an affair, but then I had to let go when I started having sleepless nights. And I am afraid but the fire has been rekindled. Monsoon and he is just the right thing for me.

I hope you find it in you to forgive me.

Yours Unfaithfully,
Ankita.

No comments: